Wednesday 14 July 2010

digital papercrafting and a bit of distress

Digi is Huge this year, I wonder what it has done to worldwide patterned paper sales - I've bought one measly 6 by 6 paper pack this year so far, partly because I have enough paper to fashion a full scale replica of the Eiffel tower should I ever be so inclined or so talented and mostly because there is a slew of digital papers available - even BG are selling digi files of their back catalogues. Brilliant news for anyone working on albums were you might want more than a couple of sheets of one design - all we need are huge quantities of good decent white cardstock and gallons of ink, which if you use original cartridges is priced more expensively than liquid gold.
But if you are buying patterned paper check out 3 bugs in a Rug - fresh and funky designs for both scrapbooks and cards. What  CHA releases are you watching? I love Spellbinders Lacey Squares and the accucut scrapbook albums (oh wishlist - wishlist)

Anyhow, I am a digi fan but if you leave it at print and cut , it can look a bit flat - but add a bit of distress ink (or any ink for that matter) and some ribbon - I just don't get digi ribbon! And you're nearly there.

Polish off with some glitter (slowly coming around to it in little pinches...), ink a few flowers and overstamp for a bit of detail. And a flat sheet can come to life ....
This is a little preview for my 4 ways for distress class in August - trying to get ahead!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Elisa said...

The butterfly is amazing - somehow it looks transparent in the card. I'll definitely use your tips in my next card.