Sunday 21 February 2010

PCP Adela's Saturday Sketch challenge





Thanks to everyone who has taken time leave me a comment, it's greatly appreciated and I love peeking at your blogs too. Your kind words spur me on to keep "Making Stuff".
First time trying this sketch challenge - I love Adela's 3d work and bought some of her templates last year, so I was chuffed when she left little ole me a comment on my recent craft efforts.
Anyhow - I have made this little Mo Manning card for a special birthday and I think she is gorgeous. Her pose is one I see very often with my eldest daughter - I think that's why Mo's images have such appeal, you look at them and can relate it someone you know. I purposely angled the panel on the easel cards, just for the heck of it to make it look a bit different. I love lime green and red (who said red and green should ne'er be seen?!?)together, the lime flowers are Prima, the ribbon cheap and the stitching fake!
The second one is for the same sketch this time using a little heifer from soft pencil, animal collection. A really simple card with nestabilities frame and cuttlebug embossing, satin ribbon, die cut flower and scrabble sticker letters. The devil is in the detail and while the card was quick and simple, I added glamour dust to the heifer, curled her ears forward and diamond glaze to her nose. Studded the frame with pink pearls and the embossing at card base with tiny seed pearls, which I repeated on the i and ! in the sentiment.
And finally - this week's pencisoft blog challenge is "anything but a card" - so i made a picture frame using 3 layers of black coated chipboard, cut with a Sizzix originals die - frame 2. I sandwiched acetate between 2 layers to make the front - then inserted the picture and attached the final layer. I used a photo turn attached with a brad to hold the back piece in place.
On the front, i used die cut foam flowers - I heated them slightly, as they cool they will curl to give some dimension, secured with brads and attached with diamond glaze. Dog and cat images printed in dark brown on textured card, coloured with promarkers and covered with diamond glaze.
That's all for this cold and sunny Sunday - there's logs to bring in, laundry to put out and children to feed .... I'd rather be crafting....
tfl

1 comment:

Kate said...

WOW you've been bust. I LOVE all of these but especially that last one. I LOVE that digi stamp! Great job as always. You're SO talented!