Sunday 28 February 2010

Experimental Alice grunge and oh suprise an easel card!





I just found the cutest Alice in Wonderland inspired digis here at Sassy Studio designs - with there take on the upcoming movie, Alice in Sassyland. I spotted a fab Miss Hatter image on a card and had have her.... this led me to the Sassy Studio blog and this challenge.
"The Challenge:
So what is the challenge you ask...well this is the fun part..... It MUST be out of the box!
No standard cards allowed!
I want you to think outside the box I want you to do something that in you mind represents the whole idea of wonderland, something different and not normal and fun what you do is up to you. the only requirements are you must use and SSD image...any SSD image don't limit yourself only to just the sassyland release images consider ALL SSD images. And your project MUST be inspired by the film (what do I mean by that? like I said it must represent wonderland .... but I encourage you to also be inspired by the qualities Tim Burton brings to this film. I have found some wonderful images online to help inspire you"
I have to confess I misread it and thought it said no cards - not no ordinary cards and so I altered a clock... I followed the Burtonesque bit by painting my clock an orange that reminded me of the Depp photos as the Mad Hatter. I grunged up my bunny (when I tried to seal everything with decoupage medium, the inks ran and he ended up very grungey)and added bits and pieces that bring together cute, dark and bizarre which I imagine the film will be.
Maybe I should rename my blog I love easel cards.... here's another.
Again for the above challenge - It's a sorry it's late card, hence the white rabbit (he was a bugger to colour cos what do you do with a white rabbit? So I used a good shaking of glamour dust and diamond glaze on his glasses.)
I also printed a BIG hat - cropped the digi image of Miss Hatter from Sassy Studios to just leave the hat, inspired by the film to colour it Olive Green and then the Wonderland bit is that I would love to live in a world where it was acceptable, nay even normal to do your shopping in such a hat. I love big, extravagant and/or quirky hats but never have occasion to wear one; so a mad hatter world would suit me perfectly. I guess I could always internet shop in a mad hat and no one would comment...
I added some Tim Holtz tickets and purple ribbon for a creation I'd be happy to pop to the shops in.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well cool! brilliant infact! lovely work! Samantha :0)

Lelia Pierce said...

This is awesome! Wonderful take on the challenge! Thanks for playing and good luck from SSD!

Hugs,
Lelia

Sara said...

Love it!! Thanks for playing along with us at SSD!