Wednesday, 7 May 2008
A blog post. I did make a dozen cards last week and photographed them all for my gallery and then when I went to upload them, I had somehow broken the memory card. On top of that I seem to have lost my Pink Petticoat folders - I supposedly put them onto my portable storage thingy but there's nothing there. Pants.
On a happy note I have new Crate Papers, House Mouse stamps, KI Memories lacy cardstock, prisma pencils and new chipboard flying home with me! Plus quite a few finished and half finished cards.
I'll be lost when I get home and don't have baby minders on tap but there is a crafty Saturday to look forward to as well - so Friday will be spent unpacking and trying to get my craft stuff together.
So a few cards using house mouse stamps plus the black and white one has a big red flower made using the nestabilities circle dies. I can't find my large embossing tool to do a How to but basically you cut 2 circles from thick handmade paper - fold into quarters to find the centre then cut down every second scallop to within a quarter inch of the centre. This forms the petals. With the wrong side facing, emboss the end of each petal in a circular motion - the petals with start to curl upwards. Emboss a line down the centre of each petal. Now turn the the flower over and emboss the centre of the flower in a circular motion. Repeat with the second flower. Layer on top of each other and pierce a whole through the centre, add a brad et voila. Finished flower.I've used the same technique but with Papermania patterned vellum on the pink flower card.
Posted by minerva at 13:45