Wednesday 14 May 2008

new blog discovery






I've just discovered the most fabulous blog http://www.kristineskort.blogspot.com/. Her cards are amazing - the attention to detail and the time that goes into them is really amazing. Not only does she decorate the front but the insides and the back of the card as well! I've used her shabby chic style to inspire this 3 panel card with diagonal pocket. IT is nowhere near as elaborate as Kristine's but it's a style I find difficult - I'm happier with straight lines! SO I'm pleased that I've tried something different.
I also made a couple of little maze books using a sheet of 12 by 12 - Pearse had posted a link to a great CraftTV weekly archive episode with the queen of the mini book, Tricia Morris. Yet again I had problems trying to make them with Bazzill, it is too substantial and textured - so I did one with a sheet of Imagination project paper, Sutton Place (it came out fine also some of the folded edges did start to show the white core but perhaps I'm being overly critical). For the second I used a sheet of Sassafrass Lass "In Stitches" and it turned out really well. The knack to these books is to spend the time getting the folds exactly right - otherwise it will end up quite lopsided looking.
I've taken a few photos of my shabby style card - I couldn't get a proper view of it. I think it is one of those cards that look far better in real life. It is simply a sheet of 12 by 12 Crate Paper folded into quarters and then cut up one quarter panel. I folded one quarter across on the diagonal and folded the remaining triangle back to form a pocket for the stamped tag. I made an A4 maze book with photo aperture for the other side of the card and glued it in place with Aleene's tacky glue. The embellishments are a whole mixture of things - PM chipboard and gems, foam stamp, ribbons, prima Got daisies, BG Infuse paper pad, Pebbles Inc labels, odd buttons and ribbon.
tfl

2 comments:

Kristine said...

Wow Minerva! This card looks amazing! Love what you did!
Thanks for playing along and for all those kind words!
Hugs
Kristine=)

WencheP said...

WOW! What an fab project! I really like the way you have made this beautiful card! Very well done!