Thursday 29 May 2008

chasing my tail



or at least chasing dd around. She just wants to be outside all the time now, from morning til bedtime, apart from half hourly forays to the freezer to see if I'll cave and let her have more ice cream.
My craft projects are piling up everywhere - I have so much stuff in my head and nothing to show for it. All week any free time has been taken up with "more important" stuff - I need a weekend to myself, just to play around with ideas - anyhow, it aint going to happen, so just have to squeeze the odd hour in once dd is tucked up.
I was asked to make the baby card last week but my first attempt went horribly wrong - I tried using a cream hammered card and it just looked terrible, no matter how I tried to I could not get any balance between the blue, cream and a third colour. So I threw this together tonight - white leather card with blue cuttlebug panel. Baby vest hand cut from BG Oh Baby collection, poppers made from brads and pencil faux stitching. Butterfly accent by Papermania and tsgs and die cut letters using the Impress Machine by X Cut.
The pink card is for a wedding - quite modern in both style and colour. The large flower is made using a sheet of Papermania vellum, which I cut with 2 sizes of Nestabiliities scalloped circles. Cut along every other scallop to make "petals" and emboss edges and details onto each petal. Secure with large brad. It is mounted onto a square card which then slides into the pink envelope with Papermania adhesive gems.

No comments: