Monday 28 April 2008

ribbon flower cards




I've been tying to catch up and sort my bags out after my demo in Limerick in Saturday - I really enjoyed it, the time really flew by and I saw some old faces and plenty of new ones. I just had to turn a demo in Belfast next week as I'm off to visit my mum in Wales for the week - time to chill out, while she spoils dd rotten! Plus I have some new papers to collect I had delivered to her, some ribbons and other bits - she bought a huge scrap pack at Christmas and there is just no way I'll fit it in my luggage this time either, so I'll have to prioritise on what comes back with me - fill dd's buggy with paper and make her walk!
Asked to do a last min wedding card for this evening - so I've used my tried and tested circle card. 2 pretty silver charms and a premade bow with some vellum flowers I demo'ed on Sat and I had it done in no time.
I decided to try and do at least challenge a week - so I joined in with the card positioning systems sketch challenge and the blue ribbon card is my attempt. It is just folded ribbon loops on a card circle, layered onto a second larger circle with the same ribbon loops and a charm in the centre. Cuttlebug embossing folder on white card and then lots of small white Papermania gems to highlight the flower ends. Matted twice and mounted to a card blank.
The second is the same take on the ribbon flower idea on a larger card blank.
tfl

1 comment:

Mandy said...

fabby cards Sarah, so glad to hear your Limerick demo went well too!
Mandyxx