Wednesday 17 March 2010

Happy St.Patrick's Day!





A bit late with my posts this week - I had a really fun time at An Siopa Bui, Kerry's sister had made cupcakes that were absolutely divine - swirly pink ones and fudgey chocolate ones (I didn't taste these as greedy crafters scoffed them long before my tea break!) but can atest that the lemon cheese ones were truly scrumptious and the kids devoured the two "an bui" ones that came home with me.
Of course I was really there for die cutting not cake - I love the big cupcake hlder die from Sizzix (on my wish list) and not only will it make all your cupcakes look divine, if you turn it upside down and stick a scalloped circle on the bottom with foam pads, it makes a nifty eggcup holder or Easter egg container.... or put a little battery (no flames girls and boys!) operated tealight in the bottom and an artificial flower on top and you have an outdoor table light for the balmy summer evenings we'll be enjoying soon (honest we will).
You can see these ideas in real life at the upcoming Galway Craft event - I'll post the link once I have it. I'll be doing another die cut demo and I'm hoping I'll have my new Tim Holtz dies by then - oh I can't bear the wait!
Not a lot to show this week - I was doing a sample wedding set for someone - small pocket card, evening invitation and ceremony book and then a wedding card for a commission - no patterned paper here, I love just layered dies for a quick and elegant looking card. So this is for the dare U to digi stamp challenge
My cute little piggy card was a just for the heck of it card and it's for the paper play challenges this week - seeing double.
I made the green flowers from an old phone book for the raise the bar challenge "Go Green" - both green and recycled!
And Papercutz has made this weeks challenge super easy with an anything goes challenge.
And that's all folks - the girls have had a vomiting bug and so I hope they wont be literally wearing green today. Yuk. Enjoy parades, guinness and craic .....

2 comments:

Deirdre said...

Wow.... adore your cards. Wow.

Thanks so much for playing along with paperplay this week.

Di's Dooodles said...

Absolutely beautiful work!!