Wednesday 18 June 2008

Shadow box with Basic Grey



I picked up a little shadow box in the €2 shop and prised it open and used it as a base to make this little picture frame. I did nothing to the frame in regards painting or preparing it, I simply washed it to give a clean surface for stamping on.
I used the Basic Grey "Boxer" cryatal clear stamps and stamped the edges with the swirl edge stamp using black staz on. I stamped some Papermania patterned vellum with the rosette stamp and cut them out and glued into the back of the box. The box already contained the pink sewn felt and I just layered the centre with black card, I added a button and a little PM peg heart clip to hold the photo that I'm going to put in (haven't the printer connected today). Across the bottom of the photo panel I used a piece of PM sticky ribbon to hide a stamping mistake! To add more definition to the stamping on the frame I added some lilac flower gems - oh yes PM again and black acrylic adhesive stones.

2 comments:

Neasa said...

I am so looking out for this the next time I'm in town! It looks like it cost a fortune! I love it, love it, love it!!!

Neasa said...

Thanks again Sarah! I have finished my 1st frame and it's over on my blog!I hope to make a few of these!