Friday 8 April 2011

Long last - I'm back!

Would you believe it's April already? Decided it was time to give the old creativity a dust off and start making "more stuff "...
As a jump in point I decided to try a couple of challenges on Papercraft Planet - the sketch challenge from Susanna and last week's 3d challenge from Adela, as it just fitted in with something I wanted to try. So first up the sketch challenge
http://papercraftplanet.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/sk040211-300x300.jpg
and I have used the pirate card collection from the fantastic Boyz 2 Men papercrafting dvd rom from Ella's Design. I have to admit that I've been guilty of loving but not using this disc .... while impatiently waiting to see what her next offering will be! So it was time to play - my daughter is one of 3 girls in a class of 12 - so we have plenty upcoming boys birthday parties, so the Boyz to Men designs are just perfect for all your masculine card needs.
I made an easel card with the pirate map decoupage and distress inks, added the anchor covered with glossy accents and a brad and the Happy Birthday sentiment from the fishing card.





thought was the cutest template to make party treat boxes for a boys party. I used the boyz 2 men dvd rom from ellas designs to print both sides of the card, then overprinted the template and added the football topper from the same disc. Bit of ribbon and added glossy accents to the football. 
So there you have my first blog post of 2011! 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That box really is perfect for a boy's party favor! That's what's great about this template, it doesn't have to be "girlie." Thanks for sharing. Great job!

Caro's Kaartjes said...

WOWIE, this is so genious!
My son would love this!
Thank you for the inspiration. I was just looking for a nice treat wrap.