Saturday 17 April 2010

Mami Doodles colour challenge


I' d already done my DT projects so here's my take on the colour challenge. It's my 1st attempt ar t shirt transfer and I made a bit of a pigs ear of it - so don't look too closely....
here's the challenge
I tried a t shirt transfer - it was my first try - don't look too closely, I made at least three errors! But I can't wait to try it again - off to find plain t's to try on later. Just an aside though, most t-shirt transfers are for white and light and coloured fabrics - you need a special one for dark fabrics. P.S - I used Aleene's "OK to Wash It!" fabric glue to attach the rose buds and of course the pearls, the image is coloured with Distress inks that I then heat set with the iron and then wash inside out on a cool wash to set. Hopefully nothing will fall off but it will need washing inside out to help protect the transfer.

Right that's it, enjoy the fine weather and your weekend.....

5 comments:

Deirdre said...

Oh wow... what a neat idea, love what you did..... you are super talented.

Vera Yates (Ling) said...

That's awesome! Really cute! Agree with Deirdre, you're super talented!

Mami Doodles said...

Brilliant! It is a great idea for a personalised present!

Dotty Jo said...

Hun, this is brilliant!!! Jo x

Anonymous said...

Hi Sarah,

Looks great to me! Every one of my attempted T-Shirt Transfers has ended in a mess! I've yet to do one I'm happy with. Yours is really fab and cute!
Hugs
Lily