Thursday 24 April 2008

trump that

trump that

trump that...

I love the idea of the make your own top trump cards - see links. A whole series devoted to the Magic Roundabout with a "likelihood to have fathered an illegitimate child with Florence" category and appropriate percentile - Dylan 72% Dougal 53% Brian the Snail 84%. A plethora of other ideas spring to mind, featuring assorted celebs and friends but I'd probably be in violation of several laws regarding defamation and slander, so I'll keep my mouth shut before I find myself featured on one - in a "least likely to be invited the party" category.
I have a passion for all things personalised in general - it's partly why I create my own cards and gifts for people - I love to make something unique with a personal angle. Some people might call it twee, I think it's thoughtful and really what's so wrong with twee? Hmm, do you know I've no idea what the dictionary definition of that word is - I must find out.
The Oxford Advanced Learner's Dictionary of Current English tells us:
twee = "affectedly or inappropriately dainty or quaint".
well there we go... it's a word I like the sound of - along with such delights as ooze, zeugma and a real old favourite - mnemonic....
Camels Often Sit Down Carefully; Perhaps Their Joints Creak? Persistent Early Oiling Might Prevent Permanent Rheumatism. and this is a great mnemonic but what for?!?

Oh and yes I do promise to be a good blogger and actually post more often. I'm now an official "working" - yeah! Do Crafts demonstrator - so I've some projects and cards to add.

No comments: