Friday 6 July 2007

paper piecing



I've actually been quite productive this week and made a few cards but I can't post any of them up here just yet. Two were for the summer card challenge over on CS - hosted by the talented Sabrina and the other was for the monthly card challenge, set by Jackie, the theme this month is "dressed up" - although with the weather we have been having "washed out" might have been more appropriate!
Using a lot of gingham at the moment it is just so cute and makes all my cards look really girly and sweet. The slippers came about after a visit to Debbie's blog - she had some lovely stamped and layered ones on a card. Mine are just cut freehand with some textured paper to add a bit of depth and interest - a really simple card that took no time. I find I'm going back to basics with a lot of my cardmaking recently - back to childhood days of colouring in. I'm going to cave soon and treat myself to some Marvy Uchida markers - the only problem is that are so many and I just can't afford them all and it is so difficult to decide which set I'd get most use out of. Stamping and colouring with pencil is fine for soft and subtle effects but some stamps need a bit more colour impact.
The fishing bag was more paper piecing and was my entry on Craft Supplies for the Father's day challenge. It is based loosely on the Georgee handbag design from Arty Farty Design and just layered up with foam pads, the strap is a bit of leather effect "stuff" I picked up last year - I find a use for everything eventually!

No comments: