Sunday 8 July 2007

baby clothes



A few weeks ago Jeanjeany sent me a lovely baby romper suit cut with her cuttlebug (although she has upgraded already to a cuttlebug expressions - which from what I can glean is the BMW with leather interior of shape cutting machines. the choice and arry of which grows almost daily - but I digress.... I loved the idea of it is a shape card but I'm not likely to be getting any kind of die cutting machine any time soon, so decided to have a go at my own. I used a folded piece of Basic Grey Oh Baby!, Larkspur and this was big enough to cut out 3 cards - and put the template across the folded edge to give me a join across the top. I then shaped a neckline in the centre of the top of fold. I layered some blue gingham card inside the back of the vest shape to give some contrast and shaded the edges of the shape with a light blue pencil, then added faux stitching with a darker blue to give it some depth. Two Making Memories brads made the poppers on the bottom and the gingham fabric heart was layered onto a freehand heart cut from card and again with some stitched detail.It's actually a quick card to make - the patterned card does a lot of the "work" for you, all it needs is dressing up.

1 comment:

jeany said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Sarah that is soooooo fantastic,i am loving the gingham look sooooo babyish..........Very well done..hmmm i think you won't be needing the cricut....lol.I was lmao at the expression comment.
Jean