Thursday 2 September 2010

Lots of stuff


The weather is gorgeous and everytime I go outside I'm reminded that the season's changing. There are apples and a crop of damsons in the orchard and the hedges are filled with blackberries and sloes. There seems to be a glut of sloes and I plan to scour the net for a new sloe gin recipe - just something with a bit of a twist. I also remember making a yummy plum and blackberry "slump" one year topped with lemon dumplings and mascarpone cheese - so I need to find that one as well. Any suggestions for damsons other than jam would be very welcome too.
I'm still busy putting together cards and projects to show at GBCE, Athlone and I am itching to get to An Siopa Bui to see the new sizzix yummies - expect to see them in my class.
And a card? I've got one to share for the current ABC challenge - C is for charms.I made this originally for the GBCE but I've decided to share it as a freebie.
So for you all - a vintage Christmas card. It's a single sheet printable pdf sheet (it's all about paper saving in my designs this year!)
It's a book shaped card, similar to a bookatrix and sits on top of a five inch easel card. You need to score down the centre of each page and then gently curve each section around a small cylinder (tube of glue, small spray can etc) add glitter to the page edges and attach to the centre of the easel with redline tape.
I used a piece of grosgrain to make bookmark for the centre and added my new gold snowflake charm and a large gold brad. Finish with some flowers.

I couldn't get the file to upload with 4 shared, so I have opened a File Factory account and you can download the PDF HERE

1 comment:

Kate said...

Love it Sarah. I just can't make myself start my Christmas stuff yet!
I do this every year and end up chasing my tale everytime!!
This is just beautiful!