Sunday 10 August 2008

BIg Hello


To all the lovely ladies I met yesterday - the time just flew by and we didn't have time to finish all the cards in my class. :( but I hope the bits you took home made sense! I really enjoyed myself and hope to see some of you back for a more leisurely day of crafting at the end of September - the last Sunday in September is the date for your diaries - Sunday 28th September at An Siopa Bui, Spiddal.
All I can tell you for now is that it will be a bit of everything day as well as cards there will be a clock, jewellry and I bought some grungeboard yesterday, so that will probably find its way into the day as well!
More details when I've had a play.
It's our local "Show" today - so I'll be up to see how my mother in law has fared in the jam sections this year - she always does well and if the jar of blackcurrant in my fridge is anything to go by then I'm sure this year will be no exception.
I'm regretting not entering of the home produce sections now, I just didn't know if I would have had time, as it turned out I could have done some stuff. I enjoy baking, I just don't do it very often - yeast bread is my favourite to make but I can turn out a decent jam sandwich cake now and again. I have entered a couple of the photography and handcrafted sections, so that's my little bit of support for this year - I made this little frame for the decoupage category, only to discover it had been cut this year!lol. So it's going into Aoife's new room - I thought I'd do a series of 4 of 5 them across one wall, they are only small about seven inch and I think you need a group of them to add some impact.

No comments: